The mission of the African Caribbean Care Group is to ensure the wellbeing of members by:
- Providing culturally appropriate health and social care.
- Creating opportunities and avenues for self-expression of views and opinions.
- Supporting equal access to our service.
- Involving service users in planning of services to meet individual needs.
- Creating a warm, friendly and welcoming service.
- Working with young people to enhance their understanding of caring needs of older adults in the community.
- Working collaboratively with statutory agencies in the community.
CARE GROUP OBJECTIVES
- To provide a caring and supportive service for older people of African Caribbean heritage who are residents of Central /South Manchester, Trafford and surrounding areas.
- To provide a meeting place for older adults of African Caribbean heritage to promote social inclusion.
- To provide culturally appropriate activities food and promote healthy lifestyles.
- To provide a Luncheon Club and meals on wheels service.
- To develop community care services which can be delivered to people in their own homes and Day Centre.
- To work collaboratively Clinical Commissioning group and other relevant providers of care.
- To offer the centre as venue for clinics and other health activities.
- To offer advice and support to service users to access welfare benefits and services.
- To support the Health and wellbeing of our services users.
- To keep up to date with legislation, local and national changes in Health and Social care to deliver high quality care to service users.