The ACCG provides a Community Support service to users and their carers who are members of the African Caribbean Care Group, by empowering them to express their views, wishes and choices. Our Community Support Team will ensure that clients are able to remain as involved as possible in all decisions which affect their lives.
- Facilitating the development of an advocacy service people who are members of the African Caribbean Care Group or those who are referred to the service.
- Consulting with users and carers to identify needs and designing strategies to meet those needs.
- Undertaking as appropriate advocacy on behalf of users who are unable to self advocate.
- Facilitating empowerment group activity
- Developing advocacy awareness through educational activity and publicity.
- Empowering users and carers through education and training activities.
- Establishing regular surgeries where users can consult over their needs.