Salary: £15,530 pro rata (Full time £21,748)
Hours: 25 Hour per week
We are delighted to offer an exciting opportunity for an experienced Advocacy Advisor to join the ACCG a registered charity providing culturally appropriate health
and social care services to Black Asian and Minority Ethnic people in Manchester
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is enthusiastic, motivated and highly professional who would like to be part our team supporting Black Asian and Minority Ethnic people.
You will ideally, be an experienced keyworker and/or advocate with significant experience of supporting Black Asian and Minority Ethnic people.
You must have experience of delivering effective casework support and advocacy to service users and will have experience of working with external agencies.
To be considered, you must be in possession of a fully enhanced DBS check, issued within the last year or registered to the online update service.
• The successful candidate will possess NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
• You must have the ability to work in a manner that facilitates inclusion, particularly of people from diverse communities, along with an understanding of the need for service user confidentiality.
• You will be speaking to people at all levels across your area so excellent communication, networking and influencing skills are also essential.
• You will have experience of face-to-face service delivery, a good understanding of statutory and voluntary services, ensuring independence, choice and control for all those who access our service.
• You will have the ability to assess and evaluate the needs of service users.
• You must also have the ability to manage several tasks at once and keep yourself motivated to perform under pressure.
• Good IT skills and experience working with databases are also essential.
How to apply:
To apply please download and complete the application form
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please email: email@example.com
Telephone: 0161 226 6334
Please make sure that you read the job description and person specification as your application will be shortlisted against these criteria. Please provide full contact details for all referees within your application form including email addresses. Referees provided must include your current line manager and the last two employers. We reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.